Term: August 2021 – May 2022
Department: Academy Operations
Location: Trillion Trophy Training Centre, Kings Norton, Birmingham B38 9EJ
Salary: Expenses only
Application closing date: 30/04/2021
Birmingham City Football Club is offering a full-time Academy Operations Work Placement working within the Academy Operations team. The chosen applicant will gain valuable experience working in Academy Operations within professional football and have the chance to apply their academic knowledge within an applied setting. This opportunity will also aim to accelerate their studies, give practical experience in the workplace and increase employability on completion of their studies.
Candidates will have the chance to gain knowledge, skills, and experience in Academy Operations by providing their input in the following areas:
- Assist with wide-ranging Academy Operations and Administration duties.
- Assist with match day preparation in liaison with Academy staff.
- Assist with match day access and hospitality, provision of team sheets, refreshments and coordination of third party guests.
- Assist with managing the general Academy inbox and send appropriate responses accordingly.
- Assist with maintenance of employee and general files – manual and electronic.
- Assist with monitoring and updating holidays and lieu time within the business and ensuring relevant systems and payroll are informed.
- Assist with maintenance of HR databases/spreadsheets – DBS checks, Recruitment Authorisation Forms and Training Database.
- Assist with administration for all new starters (both permanent and casual) including entering personal information onto relevant HR systems.
- Helping the team with general administrative duties such as copying, filing, phone queries, performing diary management and dealing with confidential and sensitive information.
- Create personnel files for all new starters and ensure that all necessary documentation is present and correctly completed.
- Assist Coaching staff in the creation, review and publication of individual player learning plans.
- Assist with preparation of trip/tour paperwork to include EFL/PL forms, travel arrangements, insurance and itineraries.
- Assist with ongoing administration for the recruitment trialists.
- Observe, assist, note take and partake in Academy meetings.
- Assist with the maintenance of Academy website.
- Must possess a genuine passion for football and business administration.
- Must be currently working towards a Business Administration or Sports Management qualification or similarly related qualification.
- A strong work ethic and willingness to learn.
- Computer literacy but advanced computer skills are welcomed.
- Ability to deal sensitively and appropriately with confidential information.
- Excellent administration and organisational skills.
- Full and Clean UK Driving Licence desirable but not essential.
- Good communicator – written and oral skills; good judgement; highly organised; confident; persuasive; approachable; dependable; uses initiative; professional.
- Trustworthy and reliable.
- Tenacity, ability to adapt to a constantly changing work environment.
- Demonstrate the ability to mix with different departments effectively communicating and distributing information.
- Self-starter with high integrity and ethical behaviour.
- Highly organised.
The role will be varied and will require a hardworking dedicated individual and in exchange we can guarantee that the experience you will gain from the role will stand you in great stead for any future career in the business or professional football sector. In order to get the best from this opportunity, it is imperative that applicants are able to commit to the position for the entire 2021-22 season.
A shortlist of suitable applicants will be compiled shortly after the closing date and successful candidates will be contacted about the interview process.
Applicants must be able to evidence that they are eligible to live and work in the UK.
Birmingham City FC is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applicants from all sectors of the community. Positive About Disabled People.