Administration & Player Care Assistant
Location: Trillion Trophy Training Centre
Expires: 04/05/2021 23:59
Location: Trillion Trophy Training Centre, Redhill Road, Birmingham, B38 9EL
Hours of Work: Hours are set to meet the needs of the business but are a minimum of 37.5 hours per week
Application closing date: 04/05/2021 (Due to the urgency of filling this vacancy, suitable candidates will be interviewed as and when they apply and the role will be closed as soon as a suitable candidate has been sourced).
- Communicate and promote the Academy culture creating an elite environment for the development of young players.
- Have consistently high standards.
- Communicate and engage with parents/guardians where appropriate.
- Attend all professional development events.
- Actively engage in a fully functioning competency framework and integrated appraisal process.
- Monitor the wellbeing of Academy players at all times, liaising with the Safeguarding Services Manager.
- Provide administrative assistance to the Head of Academy & Academy Operations Manager to effectively run the Academy programme.
- Provide an administrative lead for the Academy programme ensuring all publications are aligned to the Club’s branding and administrative formats.
- Design and production of relevant forms as requested by Academy staff.
- Assist in the production of the Academy Performance Plan in liaison with the Academy Operations Manager.
- Tracking of meeting minutes across the Academy and responsibility to take minutes for operations and recruitment meetings.
- Organisation and distribution of the First Team home game tickets amongst Academy staff and players.
- Manage the PMA report process across the Academy age groups.
- Support players, parents and staff with PMA queries.
- Responsibility of the entry and exit policy of staff and players on the PMA System.
- Management of the purchase ordering system (PO) and associated invoices.
- Keep up to date with knowledge of current legislation and policies, communicating key changes to staff as appropriate.
- Secretarial duties to include answering the phone, taking messages and greeting guests.
- Update Academy website with news, fixture information and locations where appropriate.
- Organisation of annual Academy events including CPD, pre-season induction evenings, presentation review nights, Academy staff socials and the end of season Player Awards evening.
PLAYER CARE RESPONSIBILITIES – HOST FAMILIES
- Manage the day-to-day accommodation requirements ensuring clear and effective communication with the registered host families in liaison with the Safeguarding & Player Care Manager.
- Attend host family visits as required alongside the Safeguarding & Player Care Manager.
- Tracking and recording of accommodation usage providing all details to the finance department.
- Assist the Safeguarding & Player Care Manager in the production of individual Player Care plans.
PLAYER CARE RESPONSIBILITIES – TRANSPORT
- Coordination of all transport requirements for players, staff and trialists, including local, national and international transport.
- Coordination of Academy drivers in line with policies, procedures and rules.
- Planning the weekly schedule for Academy drivers and communicating this effectively.
- Maintaining records required for compliance with legal and Club regulations, including driver’s log of hours and vehicle mileage log books.
- Maintain the Club’s vehicles (MOT, servicing, road worthiness, cleanliness).
- Helping to transport Academy players to and from fixtures, training, appointments and school if required.
- Management of the vehicles’ keys in a secure and accessible location.
- Keeping accurate records of transport expenditure, including vehicle hire, vehicle maintenance and repair, salary costs and fuel. Submitting a monthly report to the Academy Operations Manager.
- Maintaining weekly transport registers and logs.
- Relevant administration qualifications.
- Valid Driving Licence.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- Experience of working within administration / operations.
- Coordination of operations events / activities.
- Experience working within an elite setting / Academy system.
- Experience of working with football regulations.
- Experience / knowledge of the EPPP & PMA system.
Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent computer literacy (in particular with Microsoft Office & Excel).
- Written & oral skills.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Highly organised.
- Ability to contribute to internal & external networks.
- Ability to apply & share knowledge when appropriate.
- Uses initiative.
- Emotional control.
- Adaptable to change.
Terms of Appointment
- 37.5 hours per week.
- 20 days annual leave (rising by 1 day per completed year of service, up to a maximum of 25 days, plus 8 statutory bank holidays)
- 6-month probation period.
- Flexibility with working hours required to meet demands of the role.
- Under the Disclosure and Barring Service and in accordance with the Club’s own rules regarding Safeguarding the post-holder will be required to meet minimum criteria regarding Safeguarding and a Disclosure and Barring Check will be required in this post. Exceptions Order to Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 applies.
Only applicants that meet the above criteria will be considered for the role. Applicants must be able to demonstrate that they are eligible to live and work in the UK.
Birmingham City F C is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sectors of the Community.