Term: Permanent, Full Time
Department: Brand & Marketing
Location: St. Andrew's Stadium, Cattell Road, Birmingham, West Midlands, B9 4RL
Application Closing Date: 05/05/2021
We are currently looking for a self driven and motivated Graphic Designer with all the technical skills and ability, with the creativity to match to join our marketing team. Candidates will be currently (or recently) in a design position looking for a new career challenge in a vibrant, exciting and fast paced environment.
You will have experience of working with print and digital using Adobe Creative Suite (In-Design, Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects etc) and have a keen eye for detail. We are looking for layout perfectionists who love working quickly to produce design work with creativity and finesse.
The position will cover output for the whole Club not just that of the footballing side so successful candidates will have a diverse and creative flair for designing for different areas of the organisation (Commercial, Hospitality, Community, Academy & more).
The role includes managing and producing all design work along with the following:
SCOPE OF DUTIES
- To produce artwork for all projects in line with the brand style for each area of the business including retail, ticketing, memberships, commercial events.
- To develop seasonal styles for all areas of the business that are creative and in line with the targeted audience.
- To produce artwork for the BCFC website(s) & social media channels including static and animated graphics where required.
- To produce email templates for all areas of the business.
- To follow work to a high standard using Clubs brand guidelines.
- Effective time and work load management to ensure all tasks are completed quickly but to a high standard.
- Be active in the planning and creation stage of projects.
- Able to contribute new ideas and monitor design and industry trends.
- A brand guardian to Birmingham City Women’s overseeing all BCWFC artwork.
- Confident in pitching and presenting ideas to senior staff.
- The scope of these duties may be extended as dictated by the changing requirements of the organisation and relevant regulatory bodies, and therefore, the role may require additional ad-hoc duties as reasonably required.
- Degree Level design qualification.
- Video editing Skills.
- Animation skills.
- Illustration skills.
- 3D Drawing skills.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to exceed supporter/customer expectations whilst operating within a budget.
- Excellent planning and organisation skills.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Able to keep up to date with other Clubs activity.
- Show respect for the Clubs history and heritage.
- Fully computer literate – including proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Show initiative and confidence in own ability with a positive attitude to undertake any aspect of the job role.
- Good communication, written and oral skills, good judgement, confident, persuasive, approachable, dependable, professional.
- Displays no prejudice when working with others.
- Works to improve relationships.
- Desire to be the best in the field.
- Ability to use of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator) Mac based.
- Ability with animation or using Adobe After effects would be an advantage.
- Experienced Designer with a wide knowledge.
- Have experience working quickly and efficiently to produce quality work.
- Confident pitching and presenting to senior staff.
- Experience with working within a sporting environment or stadia, including football.
- Knowledge of the print process.
- Strive to gain the club recognition for their work.
Once you have completed your application on Octo First Class, If you wish to send a supporting portfolio please email to email@example.com
Applicants must be able to demonstrate that they are eligible to live and work in the UK.
Birmingham City FC is an Equal Opportunities and Disability Confident employer and welcomes applicants from all sectors of the community.