Location: Trillion Trophy Training Centre, Redhill Road, Birmingham, B38 9EL
Hours of Work: Hours are set to meet the needs of the business but are a minimum of 37.5 hours per week
Application closing date: 05/05/2021 (Due to the urgency of filling this vacancy, suitable candidates will be interviewed as and when they apply and the role will be closed as soon as a suitable candidate has been sourced).
- Communicate and promote the Academy culture creating an elite environment for the development of young players.
- Have consistently high standards.
- Communicate and engage with parents/guardians where appropriate.
- Attend all professional development events.
- Actively engage in a fully functioning competency framework and integrated appraisal process.
- Monitor the well being of Academy players at all times liaising with the Safeguarding Services Manager.
- Implementation of the coaching syllabus for the U13-U14 age groups as per the APP.
- Lead on coaching within training and games.
- Promote collaboration in the delivery of the programme.
- To plan, create and evaluate coaching sessions as scheduled in the weekly plan.
- Manage fixture schedule for groups and individual players within the coaching cell.
- Ensure each player within the cell has an active ILG.
- Ensure the review process is operated for each player every mesocycle as set out in the APP.
- Monitor and record training/fixture content, objectives, time and attendance on the PMA.
- Monitor and evaluation of all players with the coaching cell for succession planning process.
- To independently source and review video clips of individuals and groups with particular reference to player’s individual learning objectives.
- Oversee the trialist’s who enter the coaching cell providing suitable evaluation and feedback during the signing / exit policy.
- Ensure appropriate communication of future activities and/or changes (times/dates).
- Provide a health check /update on coaching cell operations in each 10/20/30/40-week coaching meeting.
- Liaison with education, sport science and medical staff on all related matters to enhance a multi-disciplinary process.
- To take responsibility for all resources associated with training and fixtures ensuring the highest possible standards. (kit, bibs, balls, cones and all).
ADDITIONAL TECHNICAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Observation of coaching across the cell.
- Liaison with U15-U16 and U11-U12 Cell Manager to ensure smooth running of daily activities.
- Creation / Implementation of a social syllabus for the Youth Development Phase.
- Monitor Replay analysis for the Youth Development Phase liaising with all players.
- To manage access and promote use of PMA for players.
- To ensure that the Club’s PMA is kept up-to-date for the Youth Development Phase.
- To be aware of the PL/FL YD rules and requirements relating to the Youth Development Phase.
- UEFA A Licence.
- FA Advanced Youth Award (or currently working towards).
- FA Safeguarding Certificate.
- Basic First Aid in Sport Certificate.
- Full and clean UK driving licence.
Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of the Player Performance Pathway (EPPP).
- Design and implementation of coaching curriculum.
- IT skills, including the use of Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Manages their own development.
- Knowledge of working within an elite playing environment.
- Knowledge of the Performance Management Application (PMA).
- Worked within football previously.
- Role models good team behaviour.
- Takes full accountability for all their decisions and how they impact others.
- Must adhere to confidentiality and data protection procedures at all times.
- Ability to communicate appropriately with all ages and remain professional.
- Able to demonstrate a desire to develop coaching knowledge through course access and CPD.
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, flexible and proactive approach to workload.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Terms of Appointment
- 37.5 hours per week.
- 20 days annual leave (rising by 1 day per completed year of service, up to a maximum of 25 days, plus 8 statutory bank holidays)
- 6-month probation period.
Under the Disclosure and Barring Service and in accordance with the Club’s own rules regarding Safeguarding the post-holder will be required to meet minimum criteria regarding Safeguarding and a Disclosure and Barring Check will be required in this post. Exceptions Order to Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 applies.
Only applicants that meet the above criteria will be considered for the role. Applicants must be able to demonstrate that they are eligible to live and work in the UK.
Birmingham City F C is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sectors of the Community.