Head of Academy Data
Location: Trillion Trophy Training Centre, Redhill Road, Birmingham, B38 9EL
Hours of Work: Hours are set to meet the needs of the business but are a minimum of 37.5 hours per week
Application closing date: 13/05/2021 (Due to the urgency of filling this vacancy, suitable candidates will be interviewed as and when they apply and the role will be closed as soon as a suitable candidate has been sourced).
- Communicate and promote the Academy culture creating an elite environment for the development of young players.
- Have consistently high standards.
- Communicate and engage with parents/guardians where appropriate.
- Attend all professional development events.
- Actively engage in a fully functioning competency framework and integrated appraisal process.
- Monitor the well-being of Academy players at all times liaising with the Safeguarding Services Manager.
ACADEMY MANAGEMENT TEAM RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support with the implementation of the Performance Analysis and Data strategy as per the APP.
- Promote collaboration in the delivery of the data programme.
- Conduct and/or be part of regular multi-disciplinary team meetings within each of the coaching phases with a focus on presenting data driven results.
- Identify areas for development within data and work closely with the Academy Management Team, Multi-Disciplinary Teams to ensure necessary performance standards are met and developed.
- Oversee the reporting of all analysis data ensuring it falls in line with coaching philosophy.
- Develop and implement new strategies to enhance the player learning process and overall efficiency of the programme.
- Support, when necessary, the analysis provision for the U9-U23 age groups.
ANALYST / DATA RESPONSIBILITIES
- Undertake research as required by the Head of Analysis, Head of Recruitment, Head of Sports Science and Medicine and Head of Academy.
- Analyse, review and evaluate fixtures to produce statistical data as detailed in the APP.
- Evaluation of game data and creation of key information on observed trends to coaching staff as required.
- Live code / recording of fixtures.
- Assist the coach development process through the capture and editing of coaching observations.
- Design innovative processes which contribute to the gathering and analysis of data.
- Contribute to the academy by making decisions through the production of sophisticated data and data models.
- Collaborate with the Academy Head of Recruitment to introduce new data metrics and models into the recruitment process.
- Provide updates identifying trends and insights from data collection.
- Degree in Performance Analysis or related discipline.
- Coaching qualification with F.A framework.
- FA Child Welfare qualification.
- FA Basic First Aid for Sport.
- Current DBS clearance.
- Masters’ qualification in related subject area.
- Teaching related qualification.
- U.E.F.A B Licence.
- F.A Youth Modules.
- F.A Advanced Youth Award.
Essential Skills and Abilities:
- Leadership of a team and line management of staff.
- Understanding of the elite football industry.
- Hudl online platform.
- Wyscout online platform.
- PMA application.
- Excellent computer literacy, specifically in the use of Excel.
- Understanding of safeguarding policies and procedures.
- Understanding of the Elite Player Performance Plan.
- Evidence of Analysis delivery in an elite setting.
- Forward thinking mindset to developing the department and programme
- Demonstrate the ability to mix with different departments effectively communicating and distributing information.
- Hard working.
- Flexibility of working week.
- Evidence of a commitment to individual professional development.
Terms of Appointment
- 37.5 hours per week.
- 20 days annual leave (rising by 1 day per completed year of service, up to a maximum of 25 days, plus 8 statutory bank holidays).
- 6-month probation period.
- Flexibility with working hours required to meet demands of the role.
- Under the Disclosure and Barring Service and in accordance with the Club’s own rules regarding Safeguarding the post-holder will be required to meet minimum criteria regarding Safeguarding and a Disclosure and Barring Check will be required in this post. Exceptions Order to Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 applies.
Only applicants that meet the above criteria will be considered for the role. Applicants must be able to demonstrate that they are eligible to live and work in the UK.
Birmingham City F C is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sectors of the Community.