Department: Women’s Football
Location: Birmingham, West Midlands
Hours of work:37.5 hours per week (evenings and weekends required)
Application Closing Date: 16/06/2021 (Due to the urgency of filling this vacancy, suitable candidates will be interviewed as and when they apply and the role will be closed as soon as a suitable candidate has been sourced).
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to create and lead a high-performance environment, that delivers on field success underpinned by maximising and developing the talent of our people.
- To build a successful winning first team.
- To attend all training sessions and matches played by the Club.
- Implementing a training programme in line with LTPD guidelines alongside the Head Coach.
- Supporting the aims and objectives of the England international development pathway from youth teams to senior team.
- Ensure high standards of coaching delivery across the first team taking into account current elite good practice.
- Formal monitoring and evaluation of Players and Staff in the first team alongside the Head Coach To ensure that the Club adheres to The FA Rules and Regulations and Competition Rules.
- To ensure that the Club adheres to Respect guidelines.
- To ensure that the wellbeing and welfare of all players and staff is an operational priority at all times, working with the Club’s Safeguarding Manager, RTC Manager, General Manager and the Head of Player Welfare.
- To represent the Employer, Birmingham City Women FC in a professional manner at all times.
- To ensure compliance with all the Policies and Procedures contained within the Staff Handbook, paying regard to the Equal Opportunities Policy and Health & Safety Policy and procedures at all times.
- Any other duties as deemed necessary by your Line Manager or Head of Department.
- UEFA B Licence holder.
- FA Licensed Coach (Member of the Licensed Coaches Club to cover safeguarding and first aid).
- UEFA A Licence holder.
- Understanding and empathy with education and learning with a strong commitment to personal development and training.
- Coach mentoring experience.
- FA Advanced Youth Award.
- Talent ID Level 3 or above.
Skills & Abilities
- Empathy with young players with an ability to inspire.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to build meaningful, strong strategic relationships with Club staff and players.
- Experience of and enthusiasm for coaching and mentoring elite young and senior players and/or coaches.
- Understanding of learning, development and high performance with a proven ability to create optimum learning environments for players.
- Aware of diversity and equality challenges in football.
- Empathy and commitment to the long-term development of the game.
- Track record of consistent high performance in a professional environment.
- Flexible approach to working hours including a willingness to work evening and weekends.
- Pro-active and reliable.
- Enthusiastic, confident and ‘above and beyond’ attitude.
Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Only applicants that demonstrate within their application that they meet the above criteria will be considered for the role.
This role is regarded as a ‘Regulated Activity’ and is therefore subject to an Enhanced DBS check, (previously a CRB check) which includes the barred list for working with children. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
Birmingham City FC is an equal opportunities and Disability Confident employer and welcomes applications from all sectors of the Community.