Department: First Team Medicine
Location: Trillion Trophy Training Centre, Redhill Road, Birmingham, B38 9EJ
Hours of work: 37.5hrs per week (may include evenings and weekends) All matchdays (home and away)
Application Closing Date: 21/06/2021 (Due to the urgency of filling this vacancy, suitable candidates will be interviewed as and when they apply and the role will be closed as soon as a suitable candidate has been sourced).
- Communicate and promote the 1st Team culture creating an elite environment for the development of our players.
- Have consistently high standards.
- Communicate and engage with staff and players.
- Attend all club and departmental professional development events.
- Monitor the wellbeing of players at all times liaising with the Safeguarding Services Manager.
- Ensure compliance with all the Policies and Procedures contained within the Staff Handbook, paying particular regard to the Equal Opportunities Policy and Health & Safety Policy and procedures at all times.
- To ensure that medical notes are confidential as well as completed and uploaded to Benchmark 54 within 24 hours.
- Soft tissue therapy for 1st Team players, pre and post training and home and away fixtures.
- Assist the 1st Team and U23 Phyios’s in the assessment and management of injuries and illnesses to the 1st Team and U23 squads, including relevant referral to internal and external health professionals.
- Accurate recording of all injuries on the Benchmark 54 system.
- Collate, analyze and feedback relevant medical information to the appropriate Club staff for all 1st Team players (but must respect and abide by medical confidentiality laws).
- Assist with the delivery of individual and group strength and conditioning services to our 1st Team players, as necessary.
- Assist implementation of individual injury prevention programmes.
- Provision of medical cover for 1st Team training sessions.
- Work effectively with other support staff and services, including doctors/sport science services, to provide an integrated approach to performance enhancement.
- Attendance at all team meetings and active inclusion in discussions.
- Identify areas for development and work closely with the 1st Team Management, Sports Science & Medical Team & Multi-Disciplinary Teams to ensure necessary performance standards are met and developed.
- Delivery of Soft tissue therapy alongside the 1st Team Masseur to all players. These include pre and post training, recovery strategies and pre-designed individual soft tissue release strategies as identified for each player.
- Assist the 1st Team Physiotherapists with the assessment, management and rehabilitation of injured players.
- Complete stock checks, emergency equipment checks and matchday equipment packing.
- Ensure compliance with all the Policies and Procedures contained within the Staff Handbook, paying particular regard to the Equality & Diversity, Safeguarding and Health & Safety Policies and procedures at all times.
- Any other duties as deemed necessary by your Line Manager or Head of Department within the scope of the role.
- BSc (hons) Sports Therapy.
- Member of The Society of Sports Therapists.
Essential Technical/Professional Qualifications:
- FA Intermediate Trauma and Medical Management in Football.
- Massage qualified to BTEC/NVQ Level 3 or equivalent.
- Current DBS clearance
Desirable Technical/Professional Qualifications:
Skills & Abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Knowledge of musculoskeletal assessment and rehabilitation of elite level athletes.
- Ability to analyze and interpret movement patterns and posture.
- Experience and understanding of injury minimization strategies.
- Forward thinking mindset to develop the department.
- Excellent computer literacy, specifically in the use of Microsoft Office.
- Understanding of safeguarding policies and procedures.
- Full UK Driving License.
- Understanding of Benchmark 54 or experience with similar platform.
- Previous experience within professional football or high-level sport.
- Demonstrate the ability to mix with different departments effectively communicating and distributing information.
- Hard working.
- Flexibility of working week.
- Evidence of a commitment to individual professional development.
- Only applicants that meet the above criteria will be considered for the role. Applicants must be able to demonstrate that they are eligible to live and work in the UK.
Only applicants that demonstrate within their application that they meet the above criteria will be considered for the role.
This role is regarded as a ‘Regulated Activity’ and is therefore subject to an Enhanced DBS check, (previously a CRB check) which includes the barred list for working with children. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
Birmingham City FC is an equal opportunities and Disability Confident employer and welcomes applications from all sectors of the Community.