Department: Brand & Marketing
Term: Permanent, Full Time
Location: St. Andrew's Trillion Trophy Stadium, Cattell Road, Birmingham, West Midlands, B9 4RL
Application Closing Date: 29/06/2021 (Due to the urgency of filling this vacancy, suitable candidates will be interviewed as and when they apply and the role will be closed as soon as a suitable candidate has been sourced).
We are currently looking for a self driven and motivated Digital Marketing Executive to work with the Digital Marketing Manager to enhance the Club’s marketing and digital strategy across all platforms, developing creative campaigns that engage the fanbase, builds the Club’s reputation and maximises commercial success.
- Create and deliver marketing plans and campaigns for a wide range of products, events and services.
- Write creative marketing copy for the website and all forms of marketing materials.
- Lead on the day-to-day development of bcfc.com, uploading content and reporting on analytics.
- Work closely with the Digital Marketing Manager to develop the Club’s CRM database and activity.
- Build and schedule all email and SMS campaigns.
- Work closely with the Digital Marketing Manager to develop the Official Club App.
- Build and schedule all push notifications.
- Providing monthly and weekly e-comms plans and publishing schedules for content activities.
- Work closely with the Social Media Executive to enhance digital marketing initiatives such as paid search and paid advertising campaigns.
- Work closely with the commercial team to activate the Club’s partnership deals.
- Contribute innovative ideas for all marketing (online and offline) relevant to the target audience.
- Contribute innovative ideas to increase the monetization of the Club’s digital channels.
- Produce regular analytics and reports, analysing the success of campaigns.
- Maintain administration for all print quotations and purchase orders.
- Act as the point contact in the absence of the Digital Marketing Manager.
- Ensure compliance with all the Policies and Procedures contained within the Staff Handbook, paying particular regard to the Equality & Diversity, Safeguarding and Health & Safety Policies and procedures at all times.
- Any other duties as deemed necessary by your Line Manager or Head of Department.
- Educated to at least degree level in a marketing or sport management course (or similar) or qualified by suitable experience.
- Digital Marketing qualification or further study 3D Drawing skills.
Skills and Abilities
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication.
- Understanding of effective email communications.
- Able to think and write creatively.
- Able to work to tight deadlines and on multiple projects.
- Must possess excellent attention to detail.
- Knowledge of CRM.
- Knowledge of Google Analytics.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Excellent proof-reading skills.
- Previous experience with CRM, email marketing, and marketing planning.
- Previous experience using CMS.
- Previous experience working within a sporting environment preferably within football.
- Must adhere to confidentiality and data protection procedures at all times.
- A confident and outgoing personality, self-motivation and positive attitude.
- Imaginative, creative and customer focused.
- Hands on approach, and willingness to get ‘stuck in’.
Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Only applicants that demonstrate within their application that they meet the above criteria will be considered for the role.
This role is regarded as a ‘Regulated Activity’ and is therefore subject to an Enhanced DBS check, (previously a CRB check) which includes the barred list for working with children. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974
Birmingham City FC is an equal opportunities and Disability Confident employer and welcomes applications from all sectors of the Community.