Department: Brand & Marketing
Term: Permanent, Full Time
Location: St. Andrew's Trillion Trophy Stadium, Cattell Road, Birmingham, West Midlands, B9 4RL
Application Closing Date: 29/06/2021 (Due to the urgency of filling this vacancy, suitable candidates will be interviewed as and when they apply and the role will be closed as soon as a suitable candidate has been sourced).
We are currently looking for a self driven and motivated Digital Marketing Manager to drive the Club’s marketing and digital strategy across all platforms, working within the marketing, media and brand department to grow and engage the Club’s fanbase with creative campaigns that maximise commercial success.
- Responsible for the effective management and development of the marketing and social media team, ensuring effective fulfilment of the roles and duties.
- Conduct regular one-to-one and reviews to ensure effective performance management.
- Lead a weekly marketing update within the department.
- Make recommendations and requests in relation to the development of staff.
- Deliver monthly reports with key statistics and performance analysis of all digital channels.
- Responsible for the planning, production and delivery of all marketing and digital activity for the Club.
- Create and implement a digital marketing strategy that supports the Club’s commercial objectives.
- Create and deliver marketing plans for all areas of the business and football.
- Write creative marketing copy for the website and all forms of marketing materials.
- Oversee the Club’s CRM to define objectives, key priorities, data collection best practice process, audience segmentation, engagement strategy, key messages, analytics and KPIs.
- Implement and manage PPC, SEO and display advertising campaigns.
- Provide regular data, insights and analytical reports to constantly improve the performance of digital channels and marketing campaigns.
- Oversee the development and maintenance of the Club’s website bcfc.com.
- Oversee the social media strategy, activity and reporting, working closely with the Social Media Executive.
- Oversee digital activation with Club partners and sponsors liaising with the commercial department.
- Ensure all content is produced to a high standard, driving traffic and interest to the digital platforms.
- Introduce attribution modelling where possible.
- Regularly contribute creative and innovative ideas.
- Conduct regular research on digital trends.
- Liaise and attend meetings with key internal and external stakeholders when necessary.
- Ensure compliance with all the Policies and Procedures contained within the Staff Handbook, and to the Equality & Diversity Policy and Health & Safety Policy and procedures at all times.
- Any other duties as deemed necessary by your Line Manager or Head of Department.
Key Result Areas
- Creation and implementation of the Club’s marketing, digital marketing and social media strategy.
- Delivery of marketing which builds the Club’s wider reputation and connects with the fanbase.
- Understand the commercial imperatives of BCFC, contributing towards and maximising revenue opportunities on key channels and platforms.
- Growth in acquisition and engagement of the fanbase on all owned channels (digital platforms).
- Optimisation of all digital platforms using performance measurements (increased dwell time, channel/product growth, page views and improved commercial return).
- Production of regular statistical and analytical reports in relation to the performance of the digital platforms and specific marketing campaigns.
- Degree in Digital Marketing or Marketing or qualified by relevant experience.
- Other Marketing and Digital Marketing qualifications.
Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of working with SEO.
- Social Media Marketing.
- PPC and social PPC.
- Google analytics and reporting.
- Display advertising.
- Attribution modelling.
- Email marketing.
- Awareness of specific digital content and web production, and how they can be best applied
- Able to think and write creatively.
- Excellent communication skills - ability to communicate as effectively with senior management as with junior staff.
- Knowledge of the sports landscape
- Deep social media and digital landscape experience and knowledge.
- High-level editorial knowledge, competence and proof-reading ability.
- Strong data-analysis experience and be comfortable with analysing figures, identifying trends and opportunities.
- Worked within football previously.
- Confident, hardworking and able to work under pressure.
- Proactive and helpful attitude.
- Great communication skills.
- Must adhere to confidentiality and data protection procedures at all times.
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, flexible and proactive approach to workload.
- Role models good team behaviour.
- Takes full accountability for all their decisions and how they impact others.
Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Only applicants that demonstrate within their application that they meet the above criteria will be considered for the role.
This role is regarded as a ‘Regulated Activity’ and is therefore subject to an Enhanced DBS check, (previously a CRB check) which includes the barred list for working with children. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974
Birmingham City FC is an equal opportunities and Disability Confident employer and welcomes applications from all sectors of the Community.