Term: Permanent / Full time
Location: St Andrew’s Trillion Trophy Stadium, Birmingham, B9 4RL
Application closing date: 05/07/2021 (Due to the urgency of filling this vacancy, suitable candidates will be interviewed as and when they apply and the role will be closed as soon as a suitable candidate has been sourced).
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to work within our Finance department to oversee the Finance Department and the accounting and finance function of the Club and its staff on a day to day basis.
- To overall supervise the day to day operations of the Finance Department.
- To monitor the accurate recording of information within the Finance Office.
- To support the Board in the preparation of regular budgets and financial reports, including income statements, balance sheets, tax returns and reports for Government regulatory Agencies as required by statute and law and as deemed necessary by the Board of Directors.
- To prepare and present for approval of the Board an annual budget, other budgets, financial plans, feasibility studies and all other financial and business documents as required.
- Ensure adequate controls are installed and that substantiating documentation is approved and available such that all expenditure may pass independent and government audits.
- To prepare monthly management accounts and present to the Board of Directors and Group Company.
- To prepare six month interim financial statements and full year annual financial statements in accordance with Group Company’s stock exchange requirements.
- To prepare annual financial statements together with full working papers file for UK audit requirements.
- To deal with all issues arising with regard to the audit of the annual financial statements.
- To monitor the provision of a full fixed assets register.
- To organise and manage the ‘Payment Authority Forms’ together with supporting documentation in respect of relevant player/Club payments.
- To oversee accounts payable and accounts receivable of the Company.
- To monitor all banking activities of the Company.
- To monitor funding requirement of the Company to ensure adequate cash flow to meet the Company’s needs.
- To manage any arising HMRC investigations or enquiries.
- To prepare all required workings and information for submission to the Football Regulatory Bodies.
- To calculate commissions for Sales Team on a monthly basis.
- To act as the focal point for financial information from all areas within the Football Club.
- To organise and manage Finance Officers Meetings.
- Preparation and submission of quarterly VAT returns.
- Any other duties as so reasonably required.
- Professional accounting qualification: ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent.
- Experience of managing a finance team.
- Previous experience of working in a similar role.
- Use of an accounting system similar to Sage.
- Experience of working as a Management Accountant.
Skills and Abilities
- Up to date knowledge of accounting legislation and guidance.
- Strong Excel skills.
- Ability to manage a variety of tasks to meet deadlines.
- Hands on and willing to support at a transactional level.
- Similar industry experience.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work effectively with a number of stakeholders at all levels.
- Strong analytical skills and an ability to input and interpret complex data using IT systems.
Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Only applicants that demonstrate within their application that they meet the above criteria will be considered for the role.
This role is regarded as a ‘Regulated Activity’ and is therefore subject to an Enhanced DBS check, (previously a CRB check) which includes the barred list for working with children. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974
Birmingham City FC is an equal opportunities and Disability Confident employer and welcomes applications from all sectors of the Community.