BCWFC First Team Goalkeeping Coach
Expires: 11/10/2019 23:59
Job Title:BCWFC Goalkeeping Coach
Reports to:BCWFC First Team Manager
Hours of work:As per training schedule & match programme
Purpose of Post:Lead on the coaching and preparation of the Women’s First Team goalkeepers, as well as lead the preparation, analysis and delivery of set pieces for the Women’s First Team
Application Closing Date:11/10/2019
Due to the urgency of filling this vacancy, suitable candidates will be interviewed as and when they apply and the role will be shut down as soon as a suitable candidate has been sourced.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- To prepare the first team goalkeepers for all training sessions and matches.
- Deliver all first team goalkeeping sessions as per the training schedule
- Attend all analysis sessions as per the training schedule
- To monitor and report on the performance and progress of all first team goalkeepers, evaluating against established and agreed goals.
- To promote a positive environment for learning and development within the goalkeeping team.
- Attend Technical staff meetings and Club meetings/Events as required by the First Team Manager or General Manager
- Ensure all qualifications are maintained through a programme of CPD and any training needs identified through appraisal.
- Attend all first team fixtures
- Design and deliver the set piece programme for the Women’s first team
- Support the Goalkeeping pathway at the Club (Coaches and Players)
- Ensure compliance with all the Policies and Procedures contained within the Staff Handbook, paying particular regard to the Equality & Diversity Policy and Health & Safety Policy and procedures at all times.
- Any other duties as deemed necessary by your Line Manager or Head of Department.
- GK B Licence
- Up-to-date Safeguarding & First Aid qualifications
Skills & Abilities
- Experience of GK Coaching in an elite environment
- Experience of designing and implementing GK development programmes
- Experience of working in a multidisciplinary environment.
- Experience of designing and delivering set pieces in the elite environment
- Experience of GK Coaching in an International environment
- A practical, flexible and innovative approach to work.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and relationship management;
- Able to communicate effectively (written and verbal) with players, staff and senior management;
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative;
- Strong interactive / people skills;
- Excellent presentation skills;
- Good communicator at all levels;
- Availability for flexible working hours;
- Adaptable and innovative;
- Dedicated to self-improvement and personal development;
- An ability to inspire and lead individuals;
- Focused on individual player development;
- Willing to support and promote the Club and Football Philosophy.
Terms of Appointment
- Sessional contract based on the Women’s First Team training schedule plus all matches
- Flexibility with working hours required to meet demands of the role
- Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK.This role is regarded as a ‘Regulated Activity’ and is therefore subject to an Enhanced DBS check, (previously a CRB check) which includes the barred list for working with children. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974
- Full and clean UK driving licence
Applicants must be able to evidence that they are eligible to live and work in the UK.
Birmingham City FC is an equal opportunities and Disability Confident employer and welcomes applicants from all sectors of the community.