Women’s Team - Club Operations Manager
Location: St. Andrew's Stadium
Expires: 27/07/2021 23:59
Department: Women’s Football
Location: Based at St. Andrew's Stadium and required to work at various venues including the Trillion Trophy Training Centre
Hours of Work: Hours are set to meet the needs of the business but are a minimum of 37.5 hours per week
Application closing date: 27/07/2021 (Due to the urgency of filling this vacancy, suitable candidates will be interviewed as and when they apply and the role will be closed as soon as a suitable candidate has been sourced).
- To maintain efficiency of all football administration matters and ensure compliance for BCFC with all governing body rules and regulations (i.e. Football Association, UEFA and FIFA).
- To help ensure all aspects are fully communicated to the Board, Team Manager, Coaching Staff and other key stakeholders and advise relevant personnel of the Club’s obligations and responsibilities under the relevant regulations.
- To manage all relationships and services provided to the Club by key partners and to ensure communication is maintained with regular updates provided to all stakeholders.
- To assist and develop the Club in areas including: commercial, finance, media, personnel, facility, marketing and fixture related issues.
- To work with the General Manager to support the development of long-term strategies and business plans which help to grow and enhance the Club.
- To be responsible for the co-ordination and development of all Women’s team matchday operations.
- To be responsible for the co-ordination of the U21s team matchday operations.
- To support the RTC Manager with day-to-day operations as required.
- To be responsible for updating and managing schedules across the Club.
- To provide player care services as required.
- To be responsible for reporting on a match to match basis; attendances, income, ticket sales, merchandise, commercial sales, sponsorship arrangements and other sales information.
- To produce and manage all key Club information, documentation and statistics.
- To be responsible for the management and distribution of training wear and playing kit across the Club.
- To be responsible for the coordination of player appearances for media purposes and sponsor activity.
- To drive the development of the BCFC Sister Club Programme including the line management of the Sister Club Officer.
- To ensure compliance with all the Policies and Procedures contained within the Staff Handbook, paying particular regard to the Equal Opportunities Policy and Health & Safety Policy and procedures at all times.
- To represent the Employer, Birmingham City Women FC in a professional manner at all times.
- Any other duties as deemed necessary by your Line Manager or Head of Department.
- GCSE (or equivalent) at grade C or above in both Maths and English or qualified by relevant experience.
- A full driving licence and access to a vehicle.
- Sport related or business management degree.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work under pressure and deadlines whilst being able to prioritise workloads in a timely fashion.
- Must be able to demonstrate excellent administration skills.
- Project management skills; the ability to take ownership of projects and see them through to completion.
- Demonstrable skills and abilities in an Executive PA or Executive Administration capacity.
- Excellent IT skills including the use of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Intranet/Web/Internet and Microsoft Outlook.
- Ability to apply attention to detail, to ensure that information is recorded, monitored and analysed appropriately.
- Ability to organise and administer events.
- Demonstrable ability of successful meeting servicing with the ability to prepare agendas, papers and minutes.
- Ability to provide oral and written information clearly and concisely and able to understand and explain maters arising in own area of work.
- Ability to contribute to internal and external networks, actively seeking to build productive relationships, share information and ideas and improve working practices.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must adhere to confidentiality and data protection procedures at all times.
- Sports/ Football Development experience.
- Experience of working within a commercial/ business environment.
- Experience of working in Women’s football.
- Knowledge and understanding of The Football Association.
- Flexible approach to working hours including a willingness to work evening and weekends.
- Ability to actively contribute to, lead and be part of a successful team.
- Pro-active and reliable.
- Enthusiastic, confident and helpful nature.
Terms of Appointment
- 37.5 hours per week.
- 20 days annual leave (rising by 1 day per completed year of service, up to a maximum of 25 days, plus 8 statutory bank holidays).
- 6-month probation period.
- Flexibility with working hours required to meet demands of the role.
- Under the Disclosure and Barring Service and in accordance with the Club’s own rules regarding Safeguarding the post-holder will be required to meet minimum criteria regarding Safeguarding and a Disclosure and Barring Check will be required in this post. Exceptions Order to Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 applies.
Only applicants that meet the above criteria will be considered for the role. Applicants must be able to demonstrate that they are eligible to live and work in the UK.
Birmingham City F C is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sectors of the Community.
Anyone interested in the above role, please follow the link to apply -