Department: Human Resources
Location: St Andrew’s Stadium
Salary: Expenses only
Application closing date: 03/08/2021 (Due to the urgency of filling this vacancy, suitable candidates will be interviewed as and when they apply and the role will be closed as soon as a suitable candidate has been sourced).
Birmingham City Football Club is offering a full-time Business Administration/HR Work Placement working within the Human Resources team. The chosen applicant will gain valuable experience working in Human Resources within professional football and have the chance to apply their academic knowledge within an applied setting. This opportunity will also aim to accelerate their studies, give practical experience in the workplace and increase employability on completion of their studies.
Candidates will have the chance to gain knowledge, skills, and experience in Business Administration and HR by providing their input in the following areas:
- Assist with monitoring and updating holidays and lieu time within the business and ensuring relevant systems and payroll are informed.
- Assist with maintenance of employee and general files – manual and electronic.
- Helping the team with general administrative duties such as copying, filing, phone queries, performing diary management and dealing with confidential and sensitive information.
- Assist with administration for all new starters (both permanent and casual) including entering personal information onto relevant HR systems.
- Assist with managing the general recruitment and hr inbox and send appropriate responses accordingly.
- Create personnel files for all new starters and ensure that all necessary documentation is present and correctly completed.
- Assist with ongoing administration for the recruitment of casual workers e.g. uploading Photos and ID.
- Assisting with populating and maintaining HR Time & Attendance system and producing ad-hoc reports to support line managers.
- Assist with maintenance of HR databases/spreadsheets – DBS checks, Recruitment Authorisation Forms and Training Database.
- Monitor receipt and record relevant HR Forms – e.g. Nomination of Beneficiary Forms.
- Provide input into update HR templates and letters in line with current employment legislation.
- Assist in responding to Leavers reference requests.
- Ad-hoc HR projects which may support applicant’s studies.
- Input into the review of Policies and Procedures.
- Attend recruitment events within Birmingham.
- Observe, assist, note take and partake in HR meetings.
- Must possess a genuine passion for human resources.
- Must be currently working towards a Business Administration or Human Resources qualification or similarly related qualification.
- A strong work ethic and willingness to learn.
- Computer literacy but advanced computer skills are welcomed.
- Ability to deal sensitively and appropriately with confidential information.
- Excellent administration and organisational skills.
- Full and Clean UK Driving Licence desirable but not essential.
- Good communicator – written and oral skills; good judgement; highly organised; confident; persuasive; approachable; dependable; uses initiative; professional.
- Trustworthy and reliable.
- Tenacity, ability to adapt to a constantly changing work environment.
- Demonstrate the ability to mix with different departments effectively communicating and distributing information.
- Self-starter with high integrity and ethical behaviour.
- Highly organised.
The role will be varied and will require a hardworking dedicated individual and in exchange we can guarantee that the experience you will gain from the role will stand you in great stead for any future career in the business/human resources sector. In order to get the best from this opportunity, it is imperative that applicants are able to commit to the position for the entire 2017-18 season.
A shortlist of suitable applicants will be compiled shortly after the closing date and successful candidates will be contacted about the interview process.
Applicants must be able to evidence that they are eligible to live and work in the UK.
Birmingham City FC is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applicants from all sectors of the community. Positive About Disabled People.