U21’s Strength & Conditioning Coach (WSL Academy)
Location: Birmingham, West Midlands
Expires: 01/09/2021 23:59
Term: Self Employed
Location: Birmingham, West Midlands
Hours of work: Seasonal
Application closing date:11/07/2021 (Due to the urgency of filling this vacancy, suitable candidates will be interviewed as and when they apply and the role will be closed as soon as a suitable candidate has been sourced).
- To be present at all pitch-based training sessions and Matches played by the Club.
- To be present at all gym-based sessions.
- Support the coaching/delivery of agreed pitch-based sessions in line with the training schedule and club philosophy.
- Help prepare the squad and staff for match days.
- To support the monitoring and reporting of the performance and progress of all players, evaluating against established and agreed goals for all players.
- To foster a positive environment for learning and development within the team.
- Attend MDT and Technical team meetings.
- Ensure all qualifications are maintained through a programme of CPD and any training needs identified through appraisal.
- Be integral in working with the Head of Youth Development to implement successful identification of potential future players in line with the Clubs Philosophy.
- Work with the U21’s Team Manager and other technical staff to provide exposure to Academy players to the first team environment – training and matches.
- Ensure compliance with all the Policies and Procedures contained within the Staff Handbook, paying particular regard to the Equality & Diversity Policy and Health & Safety Policy and procedures at all times.
- Any other duties as deemed necessary by your Line Manager or Head of Department.
- Have a BSc in Sports Science or a related field.
- Hold a UK Strength & Conditioning Association (UKSCA) Accredited Strength and Conditioning Coach (ASCC) credential
- The Physical Preparation Coach must have The Football Association Level 2 Emergency First Aid in Football (EFAiF) qualification.
- Be a UK Anti-Doping Accredited Advisor.
- Up-to-date Safeguarding & First Aid qualifications
- An MSc in Strength and Conditioning or postgraduate related.
- Additional S&C related qualifications (for example NSCA/BWLA/FA Level 3).
- To be a BASES Accredited Sports Scientist.
Skills and Abilities
- Experience of working in an elite football environment.
- Experience of coaching senior female footballers.
- Experience of working in a multidisciplinary environment.
- A practical, flexible and innovative approach to work.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and relationship management.
- Able to communicate effectively (written and verbal) with players, staff and senior management.
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative.
- Strong interactive / people skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Good communicator at all levels.
- Availability for flexible working hours.
- Adaptable and innovative.
- Dedicated to self-improvement and personal development.
- An ability to inspire and lead individuals.
- Focused on individual player development.
- Willing to support and promote the Club and Football Philosophy.
- Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Only applicants that demonstrate within their application that they meet the above criteria will be considered for the role.
This role is regarded as a ‘Regulated Activity’ and is therefore subject to an Enhanced DBS check, (previously a CRB check) which includes the barred list for working with children. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974
Birmingham City FC is an equal opportunities and Disability Confident employer and welcomes applications from all sectors of the Community.