Part Time Academy Goalkeeping Coach
Location: Wast Hills Training Ground
Salary: Seasonal Rates
Expires: 29/09/2021 23:59
Term: Self Employed
Hours: Part Time
Location: Wast Hills Training Ground
Salary: Seasonal rate
Application Closing Date: (29/09/2021) Due to the urgency of filling this vacancy, suitable candidates will be interviewed as and when they apply and the role will be closed as soon as a suitable candidate has been sourced.
- Communicate and promote the Academy culture creating an elite environment for the development of young players from pre academy through to U18s.
- Attend training sessions and matches as required by the Head of Goalkeeping and Head of Coaching.
- Create a positive training environment that places a focus on high standards, learning and enjoyment.
- Plan and deliver age-specific Goalkeeping sessions effectively for the Academy Goalkeepers aligned to the Academy curriculum and individual development objectives.
- Recording of coaching sessions, session objectives, attendance and evaluations though the Clubs PMA system within 48 hours of delivery.
- Assist in planning and delivering regular player performance reviews.
- Assist in assessing and reporting on schoolboy trialist Goalkeepers with Head of Goalkeeping.
- Manage and maintain all Academy kit and equipment for the age-group team to a high standard.
- Complete and adhere to the Coach Competency Framework as directed by the Academy Head of Coaching.
- Assist Head of Academy Coaching with any other coaching needs including coaching age group teams and groups.
- Attend annual staff appraisal with Head of Goalkeeping and Head of Coaching.
- Ensure the wellbeing of Academy players at all times liaising with the Club’s Head of Safeguarding on all safeguarding related matters.
- Provide a positive image of the Academy programme at all times.
- Assist where necessary other members of the Academy department.
- Ensure compliance with all the Policies and Procedures contained within the Staff Handbook, paying particular regard to the Equal Opportunities Policy and Health & Safety Policy and procedures at all times.
- Any other duties as deemed necessary by Head of Goalkeeping or Head of Coaching.
- UEFA B Licence
- FA Youth Modules 1 and 2
- UEFA B Goalkeeping Licence
- FA DBS
- FA Emergency Aid
- FA Certificate in Safeguarding Children
- UEFA A Licence
- Teaching Qualifications
- FA Advanced Youth Award
- UEFA A Goalkeeping Licence
Skills and Abilities
- Must possess the knowledge and skills to be able to deliver regular goalkeeping sessions in line with Academy Coaching Philosophy.
- A clear understanding of the Academy system and the professional football environment.
- Good communicator.
- Ability to relate effectively across varied age groups.
- A good knowledge and understanding of football child protection legislation.
- Knowledge of the Player Performance Pathway / EPPP.
- Working knowledge of the Performance Management Application (PMA).
- The ability to build open, productive and professional relationships.
- Experience of working in Category 1 Academy environment.
- Experience of working with elite youth players.
- An understanding of the Birmingham City FC Academy programme and development philosophy and the likely qualities needed of future players.
- A “can do” attitude
- IT skills to include a good level of competence using Excel, Word, and PowerPoint and the PMA system.
- A dynamic, hardworking and enthusiastic individual.
- Must adhere to confidentiality and data protection procedures at all times.
- Ability to communicate appropriately with all ages and remain professional.
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, flexible and proactive approach to workload.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Only applicants that demonstrate within their application that they meet the above criteria will be considered for the role.
This role is regarded as a ‘Regulated Activity’ and is therefore subject to an Enhanced DBS check, (previously a CRB check) which includes the barred list for working with children. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974
Birmingham City FC is an equal opportunities and Disability Confident employer and welcomes applications from all sectors of the Community.