Location: Wast Hills Training Ground
Expires: 06/10/2021 23:59
Term: Fulltime, Permanent
Location: Wast Hills Training Ground
Application Closing Date: (06/10/2021) Due to the urgency of filling this vacancy, suitable candidates will be interviewed as and when they apply and the role will be closed as soon as a suitable candidate has been sourced.
- Communicate and promote the Academy culture creating an elite environment for the development of young players.
- Have consistently high standards.
- Communicate and engage with parents/guardians where appropriate.
- Attend all professional development events.
- Actively engage in a fully functioning competency framework and integrated appraisal process.
- Monitor the wellbeing of Academy players at all times liaising with the Safeguarding Services Manager.
- Ensure compliance with all the Policies and Procedures contained within the Staff Handbook, paying particular regard to the Equal Opportunities Policy and Health & Safety Policy and procedures at all times.
OPERATIONS & ADMINISTRATION RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide operational support to the Academy Director to ensure the smooth running of the programme.
- Manage the production of the Club’s Yearly Academy Performance Plan (APP) and in turn produce an Academy Brochure in liaison with the Academy Management Team.
- Manage the audit processes, audit tool and audit criteria in liaison with the Academy Director.
- Manage registrations for U9-U18 players with the appropriate youth development forms.
- Assist with U19-U23 player registrations as directed by the Club Secretary.
- Liaise directly with the EFL and other governing bodies with regards to registrations.
- Assist in the production of the required documentation required for TMS international clearance data, undertaken in liaison with the Club Secretary and Head of Academy Recruitment.
- Management of the administration requirements for the International call-ups of Academy players up to the U18 age group in liaison with the Club Secretary.
- Management of Academy fixtures where appropriate inclusive of; correspondence with external clubs, distribution of all relevant fixture information (exchange calendar & fixture lists) and pitch allocation.
- Provision of Academy fixture schedules to the Assistant Club Secretary for Club-wide distribution.
- Maintaining all tracking and monitoring player files.
- Produce and implement processes for inductions of staff and players.
- Creation of player and staff files for newly registered players and staff.
- Maintain the electronic database of all players and staff ensuring adequate measures are put in place to update the information regularly.
- Coordination of the HR function within the Academy Department in liaison with the HR Manager.
- Ensure all relevant details are distributed to the HR and Finance department upon the induction of new staff members and players.
- Coordinate the end of season procedure for all the development phases in liaison with the Academy Management Team.
- Lead on the coordination of Academy events across the season including the Academy-wide CPD programme.
- Lead on the monthly AMT meeting to include the completion and distribution of the AMT meeting minutes.
- Keep up to date with knowledge of current legislation and policies, communicating key changes to staff as appropriate.
LINE MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
- Effective line management of Administration & Player Care Assistant, Academy Operations Coordinator, Academy Operations Work Placement and Drivers through regular formal department meetings.
- Management, review and completion of staff Academy Competency Framework.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- Masters in Sport Management.
- Valid Driving Licence.
- Experience working within administration / operations.
- Experience leading a team within administration / operations.
- Experience working within an elite setting / Academy system.
- Experience / knowledge of the EPPP.
- Experience of working with football regulations.
- Experience / knowledge of the PMA system.
- Experience organising events.
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent computer literacy (in particular with Microsoft Office & Excel).
- Written & oral skills.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Highly organised.
- Previous audit experience.
- Ability to lead projects.
- Ability to contribute to internal & external networks.
- Ability to apply & share knowledge when appropriate.
- Adaptable to change.
- Uses initiative.
- Emotional control.
- Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Only applicants that demonstrate within their application that they meet the above criteria will be considered for the role.
This role is regarded as a ‘Regulated Activity’ and is therefore subject to an Enhanced DBS check, (previously a CRB check) which includes the barred list for working with children. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974
Birmingham City FC is an equal opportunities and Disability Confident employer and welcomes applications from all sectors of the Community.