Head of Academy Recruitment
Location: Wast Hills Training Ground
Expires: 19/10/2021 23:59
Term: Full time, Permanent
Location: Wast Hills Training Ground
Application Closing Date: Due to the urgency of filling this vacancy, suitable candidates will be interviewed as and when they apply and the role will be closed as soon as a suitable candidate has been sourced.
- Communicate and promote the Academy culture creating an elite environment for the development of young players.
- Have consistently high standards.
- Communicate and engage with parents/guardians where appropriate.
- Attend all professional development events.
- Actively engage in a fully functioning competency framework and integrated appraisal process.
- Monitor the well-being of Academy players at all times liaising with the Head of Safeguarding & Player Care.
- Ensure compliance with all the Policies and Procedures contained within the Staff Handbook, paying particular regard to the Equal Opportunities Policy and Health & Safety Policy and procedures at all times.
DEPARTMENTAL MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
- Creation, adaptation and management of the Birmingham City Football Academy ‘Player Recruitment Strategy’ in liaison with the Academy Manager.
- Creation, adaptation and management of the recruitment related audit criteria.
- Creation of the relevant APP documentation.
- Hold a position within the Club’s Technical Board and integrate with 1st Team personnel where required.
- Line management responsibilities to all full and part time recruitment personnel.
- Recruitment personnel administration in liaison with the Academy Operations Manager.
- Coordination of recruitment personnel via a weekly activity plan with match attendance requests for third party venues.
- Verification of all scouting expenses and bonuses against match observation data and FL records.
- Management recruitment budget in liaison with the Academy Manager and recording of monthly expenditure review and evaluation.
- Report recruitment activities relevant to the meeting being undertaken.
- Monthly report to Academy Manager via the Academy Management Meeting.
- Monthly review of PMA recruitment database with Academy Recruitment Officer.
- Monitoring of Academy activities and delivery of player entry and exit policy as set out in the APP.
- Recognise potential complaint situations, taking effective steps to avoid and/or resolve these situations.
- Operation of regular meetings inclusive of agenda and minutes.
- Operation of regular In-Service events for all recruitment personnel.
- Actively recruit across the development phases in line with the recruitment strategy, succession plan and target areas/positions.
- Submission of player and team reports on the PMA.
- Delivery of player entry and exit policy as set out in the APP.
- Identify and meet the needs of internal and external customers, focusing on initiating and welcoming contact and communication whilst striving to deliver first class customer service.
- Appropriate communication with relevant departments regarding trial details, schedules and requirements.
- Coordination of trialists inclusive of accommodation, transport, fixtures and administration in liaison with relevant staff.
- Oversee the player registrations process in liaison with the Academy Operations Manager.
- Integration of BCFC recruitment philosophy into local football associations and organisations.
- Review and evaluate players within the programme providing feedback for individual player reviews and the end of season procedure.
- To be aware of the PL/FL YD rules and requirements relating to all development phases.
- Ensure that recruitment administration falls within Club branding guidelines.
- Submission of the relevant information to update and produce the yearly Academy Brochure and Academy Website.
- FA Level 2 In Coaching Football.
- Valid Driving Licence.
- Experience of Team Leadership.
- Previous experience in Elite Player Recruitment.
Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of the Elite Player Development Pathway.
- Computer literate.
- Ability to compile and maintain accurate reports.
- Personal Organisation.
- High levels of confidentiality.
- Highly organised.
- Effective communicator.
- Ability to develop contacts.
- Promote BCFC in a positive manner.
- Work with minimal supervision.
- Use initiative.
- High standards of personal appearance.
- Flexible diary.
- Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Only applicants that demonstrate within their application that they meet the above criteria will be considered for the role.
This role is regarded as a ‘Regulated Activity’ and is therefore subject to an Enhanced DBS check, (previously a CRB check) which includes the barred list for working with children. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974
Birmingham City FC is an equal opportunities and Disability Confident employer and welcomes applications from all sectors of the Community.