Department: Executive Administration
Term: Part Time, Permanent
Location: St Andrew's Stadium and Wast Hills Training Ground
Hours: Are set to meet the needs of the business but are a minimum of 22.5 hours per week.
Application Closing Date: Due to the urgency of filling this vacancy, suitable candidates will be interviewed as and when they apply and the role will be closed as soon as a suitable candidate has been sourced.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to within the Executive Administration department. The successful candidate will offer PA and secretarial support to the Board of Directors ensuring all work produced for and from the Directors office is to a high standard, the strictest confidentiality is maintained at all times and that all personal requirements are met and catered for in a prompt and timely manner.
- Extensive diary management, ensuring the best use is made of the Director’s time and that travel arrangements are made in advance of the appointment.
- Organising and attending meetings and ensuring managers are well-prepared for meetings in advance.
- Opening all post received in the office and prioritising, distributing and responding to as appropriate.
- Dealing with incoming email, faxes and post, often corresponding on behalf of the manager.
- Taking dictation and minutes.
- Typing of all correspondence, contracts, drafting letters, reports when necessary.
- Producing documents, briefing papers, reports and presentations.
- Devising and maintaining office systems, including data management, filing, document referencing and the Director’s correspondence.
- Arranging travel and accommodation and, occasionally travelling with the manager to take notes or dictation at meetings or to provide general assistance during presentations.
- Organising, preparing agendas for, and taking minutes of board meetings.
- Ensure the smooth running of the Director’s office including screening calls, timely delivery of any messages and dealing with all calls in the absence of the Director’s.
- Meeting and greeting visitors at all levels of seniority.
- Liaising with clients, suppliers and other staff.
- Arranging any meeting rooms and ensuring necessary catering has been organised.
- Carrying out specific projects and research when requested
- To arrange, co-ordinate and organise the End of Season Staff Day Out, Staff Christmas Party and other ad-hoc social events.
- Attend to general personal errands on behalf of the Director’s as required.
- To offer general secretarial assistance to other Senior Management staff as required/where possible.
- Any other duties as reasonably required.
- This job description sets out current duties of the post that may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the post or the level of responsibility.
- A good standard of education (e.g. GCSE’s or equivalent including Maths and English).
- Administration and IT software qualifications or relevant experience.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team and establish credibility and integrity within senior management teams and key stakeholders.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, acting with tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to develop effective administration and support systems.
- Ability to apply attention to detail, to ensure that information is recorded, monitored and analysed appropriately.
- Ability to complete tasks and projects on time and to a high standard, demonstrating a can do attitude.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and under pressure.
- Ability to prioritise and manage own and others workloads.
- Ability to continually review progress to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Ability to provide oral and written information clearly and concisely and able to understand and explain matters arising in own area of work.
- Ability to deal with difficult situations and confidential matters according to policy and procedures, referring to others where necessary.
- Must possess excellent IT skills.
- Experience of organising events.
- Resilient and authoritative Tenacity, ability to adapt to a constantly changing work environment.
- Bilingual for both English and Mandarin are very much required.
- Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Only applicants that demonstrate within their application that they meet the above criteria will be considered for the role.
This role is regarded as a ‘Regulated Activity’ and is therefore subject to an Enhanced DBS check, (previously a CRB check) which includes the barred list for working with children. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974
Birmingham City FC is an equal opportunities and Disability Confident employer and welcomes applications from all sectors of the Community.